1. Is the installation on private devices possible?
The necessary software for cell phones is available free of charge from the Apple Store or the Google Playstore. It is also available via the Use on business devices is recommended. UC portal of the HRZ.
2. How do I use my Alcatel phone in conventional mode (without Jabber)?
The Alcatel phone is available if Jabber is logged off (concerns (opens in new tab)). Jabber users with an Alcatel office phone
To use your Alcatel desk phone as before, you only have to disable the phone service of the Jabber client. You have three possibilities to do this:
- Deactivate telephone service (telephone icon in the lower right corner -> device for calls -> deactivate telephone service) – Chat still possible (recommended)
- Exit the Jabber client (gear wheel icon top right -> Exit) – no chat possible
- Log out (gear symbol top right -> log out) – no chat possible
3. How can I use Jabber to show that I am in a video conference (e.g. zoom) or a presentation (PowerPoint)?
The easiest way is to switch off the visual and acoustic indication. To do this, select in your settings > Status > “Please do not disturb”. The call appears in the call list as usual.
4. How can I use Jabber with Alcatel secretarial systems?
You can only use Jabber if the secretarial function has been deactivated.
More information about Jabber
If you have any questions, please contact the HRZ via firstname.lastname@example.org-… or call -71115.