WiFi with individual SSID
Your WiFi access to your institute network
HRZ offers organizational units of TU Darmstadt provision of Wi-Fi access with its own identifier (SSID) on the centrally operated access points (AP) of TU.
This is what this service offers you
The service can be used to create your individual Wi-Fi access to an institute network in a defined area, for example for office, test or laboratory space.
- A network is entered as a WPA2-PSK network with an agreed password, or
- the individual authentication is carried out via selected TU-IDs (web interface) or via a self-operated authentication server (RADIUS).
General conditions – important security information
Who can use the service? How do I order the service?
The service “WiFi with individual SSID” is aimed at departments and central institutions of TU Darmstadt as well as their subunits, e.g. departments.
Please contact us via HRZ Service webform.
- An example of Service agreement “WiFi with individual SSID”.
The costs for an initial setup of an SSID in the central WiFi management of TU amount to 150 EUR. The annual costs for operation and maintenance are 50 EUR plus 30 EUR per access point (AP) where SSID is provided.
Institut X would like to have its own SSID provided on 3 APs in its office area and 5 APs in its laboratory areas with connection to its institute network:
- One-off costs: Installation of SSID = 150 EUR
- Annual costs: Maintenance of SSID entry: 50 EUR plus provision on 8 APs: 8 * 30 EUR. Total 290 EUR per year.