Manage your own Git repositories!
GitLab is a web application that enables version management for software projects by use of git.
Code management makes it possible to retrace when specific changes have been made to your content. This is especially intended for source code, LaTex documents and scripts. Consequently, you will have a better overview regarding your projects and data, which will increase your work's quality.
Service Characteristics: TU-GitLab offers…
- a way to host and administer your software project in regard to research, development and teaching
- version management especially for source code (but also for text files, e.g. in LaTex)
- user friendly and concise graphic interface
- 2 GB storage place per project
- the option to invite external users to your projects
- rights administration for project owners
- GitLab Continuous Integration & Deployment Plug-In
Who is entitled to use TU-GitLab? Where do I register?
There are two different instances of GitLab, each with different user permissions and features. A feature comparison can be found on the following page: https://about.gitlab.com/pricing/self-managed/feature-comparison/.
The following table shows the rights of use:
(Ultimate for Education)
|students of TU Darmstadt||✔ if GitLab is used for study purposes||✔|
|employees and guests with TU-ID of TU Darmstadt||✔ if GitLab is used for teaching or open source projects||✔|
|external users/authentification via GitHub||✔ can collaborate in projects (teaching/open source project), if they are invited by the project owner||✔ can collaborate in projects, if they are invited by the project owner|
- Access to TU-GitLab is provided via its client software Git or through your browser.
>> Software download: https://git-scm.com/download
- Additionally, it is mendatory for you to be using an SSL connection. Off-campus this needs to be done by VPN. RWTH-Aachen is the system provider for TUGitLab at TU Darmstadt.*
TU-GitLab is currently free of charge for students and employees at TU Darmstadt.
*TU-GitLab is provided by the national research infrastructure, NFDI4ING, via RWTH Aachen (Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen) for TU Darmstadt.