TU-ID at TU Darmstadt
The TU-ID is the central user identification at TU Darmstadt. The TU-ID consists up of a combination of numbers and letters (e.g. ab12efyz). Once it is received by the user it cannot be changed any more.
The TU-ID grants
Access to many systems at TU Darmstadt, such as the Wi-Fi.
The TU-ID costs
The TU-ID is available for free.
Receiving the TU-ID
Find out how to receive a TU-ID as a student here.
Find out how to receive a TU-ID as an employee here.
The TU-ID is activated via the IDM-Portal.
You will be guided through the activation process there.
Your TU-ID is public. The corresponding password is confidential!
You can find the IDM-Portal under the address http://www.idm.tu-darmstadt.de/idmPortal
There are many ways to administer your digital identity in the IDM-Portal:
- Change your password
- Change your emergency contact, which is required to restore your password.
- View your data sheet and enquire how the HRZ uses your personal data.
- View your group memberships
- For employees:
- Maintaining of business contact details
- Setting up Wi-Fi for guests
- For students:
- Email configuration