Framework conditions: requirements
In order to receive a certificate the following requirements need to be met:
- Certificates will only be issued for TU Darmstadt's employees and members.
- The following guidelines need to be followed: see guidelines for DFN-PKI certification (opens in new tab). You will be asked to confirm acknowledging these guidelines by signing the document.
- At the level “Global” RSA-keys will only be certified if they are at least 2048 Bit long.
- A certificate's DN must mandatorily contain: C=DE, [ST=Hessen, L=Darmstadt,] O=Technische Universitaet Darmstadt.
- A certificate's DN must not contain: mailaddress. If e-mail addresses are given, they will block the upload.
- Applicants need to personally identify themselves (identity card or passport) at HRZ's registration office to receive the first certificate they request. Additionally, each applicant initially needs to prove that he/she is entitled to take action in regard to his/ her organisational unit's certification. The application needs to be officially stamped by the according institution.