Athene Karte at TU Darmstadt
A personalized Athene Karte is issued for all TU Darmstadt students and staff. As a multifunctional chip card, it offers a variety of functions.
Athene Karte makes it possible to
- identify yourself as a member of TU Darmstadt
- pay for student union offers (e.g. meals in dining halls)
- lend literature and media, as well as use of lockers from ULB
- use printers at computer pools
- use ASTA CarSharing services
- access to university stadium
How to get your Athene Karte
An Athene Karte is immediately issued for every new student and employee at TU Darmstadt. A TU-ID is required for this process. The first card is free of charge.
- For employees: Please check your business contacts in TU Darmstadt's IDM portal. In order to do so, please use the link titled “persönliche Accountverwaltung” in the category “Kontaktdaten verwalten”. This is not required for students.
- For employees and students: Please upload a photograph to IDM portal. It must comply with the according technical requirements. The photograph can be uploaded by using the tab “Kontaktdaten verwalten”. If you need any help with this process please resort to our photo station.
- Your Athene Karte should approximately be available within one week. You will be notified via email.
An Athene Karte will only be issued personally to the respective holder upon presentation of photo ID.
Theft of Athene Karte
In the event of theft, have your card blocked immediately at ULB (06151 – 16-76210).
You can have a new Athene Karte printed out at HRZ Service (location “Stadtmitte”). Bring a police loss report with you. This will save you a fee of 20 euros. (See also “My Athene Karte has been stolen. What do I have to do?”)
Your first Athene Karte is issued for free. Any further cards (in case of loss) can be purchased for 20 Euros per card.