With BigBlueButton, web conferences can be carried out in a browser; the installation of a special client is not necessary for this. The tool offers numerous functions to support online offerings in teaching as well as online collaboration at TU Darmstadt.
Using BBB in teaching
In addition, instructors and students can also create BBB meeting rooms from their own web interface. Read more about this in the next section.
The use of BBB by employees and students
BBB can be used by staff and students for scheduled or ad-hoc video conferencing.
The BBB service can be accessed via https://tu-darmstadt.heconf.de/. You will need your TU ID and associated password to log in.
A brief overview of the functions in the BBB portal and instructions for creating meeting rooms can be found in our (opens in new tab) (in German). user guide
Help and support
- Information on creating and configuring meeting rooms in the BBB video conferencing system can be found in the usar guide linked above.
- The operation of BBB during a meeting is shown in detail in . video tutorials in the tutorial section of the BBB project
- In addition, you can find information about the on the web pages of the e-learning working group. basic functions of BBB and the differences to Zoom
Here you will get support
- For technical problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org-….
- Support for questions concerning didactics can be obtained from e-learning@tu-….
- For legal issues, contact datenschutz@tu-….