Configuration and authentication
This guide was created using Ubuntu 19.10 with the KDE Desktop interface.
- Start with a right click on the connection icon.
- Then click on LAN settings under cabled….
- In the “Network” window, click the Settings icon in the “Cabled” box.
- Now click on the tab “Security” and carry out the following steps:
- (1) Activate the slide switch for “802.1x security”.
- (2) Select “Protected EAP (PEAP)” under theitem “Legitimacy”.
- (3) The “T-TeleSec_Global_Class_2-pem” certificate is required as the certificate. You can download this certificate from the official pki dfn site as .pem file format Download
- Please select “MSCHAPv2” under the item “Internal legitimacy”.
- (4 and 5) Enter your TU-ID in the box “Username” and enter the corresponding password.