Access for scientists and research
In order to get your personal and personalized user account (or to extend its validity term) for the Lichtenberg high performance computer, the following user regulations have to be accepted and signed (pp. 7+8 only). For legal reasons, the regulations are available in German. A translation is provided.
Do not share your account, neither by passing on your password nor by sharing your ssh key!
Please note: the validity term of the HLR user accounts is completely independent of any associated project!
As projects may have several users and any given user might be associated with several projects, there is no easy way of unison. Your user account could thus expire even while you are associated with a project still running.
However, you will receive an email reminder ca. 4 weeks in advance of your account's expiration.
- (opens in new tab) in German (general) User Regulations
- (opens in new tab) in English (translation) Supplement of the User Regulations
Please save energy and paper, and print only the pages 7 & 8 and in duplex mode (double-sided).
Staff members and Students of TU Darmstadt
- Please fill in the application form on page 7 of the document, print pages 7+8 only (duplex) and send the signed original by post to our address (please refer to the contact information on the right of this text).
- Due to the current Corona restrictions, we also accept scans of the completed and fully signed page 7 per mail for preliminary setup/extension. However, for legal reasons, the paper original is required to be sent nonetheless via office post.
Staff members and Students of other Hessian universities
- Please fill in the application form on page 7 of the document, print pages 7+8 only (duplex/double-sided) and send the signed original by post to your . local contact person
Staff members and Students of other German universities
- Please send an email signed with a to DFN-Certificatehhlr@hrz.tu-… in order to get an external (guest) TUID, which is a prerequisite for a cluster account.
- Please fill in the application form on page 7 of the document, print pages 7+8 only (duplex/double-sided) and send the signed original by post to our address (see contact information on the right of this text).
The HRZ will establish the requested user account for the approved validity term and will inform the user by mail upon completion.
To see the expiry date of your own user account, use the script
/shared/bin/account_expire after logging in.
How to set or change my Lichtenberg password?
Since mid of 2020, your HLR login password is synchronized with your TU-ID password..
For all new users (and users changing their main TU-ID password), the “Lichtenberg” HLR password is in sync with your TU-ID password. You log in to the HLR with the same password you set for your TU-ID.
For that to establish for your own TU-ID, please log into the (SSO – Single Sign On), and change your TU-ID password to a new one. A few seconds later, you should be able to current IDM system of the TU Darmstadt with that same password. log in to the HLR
As long as you don't actively change your TU-ID password, your HLR login password remains the old (or last) one you have set yourself on the former “ANDO” portal.
The above holds true also for Guest-TU-IDs.