General Scientific/Research Usage
For accessing and using the Lichtenberg cluster as a scientist, the following is necessary:
Usually the project application is submitted by the project manager. Medium and Large projects are scrutinized scientifically (according to the conditions of the ). Small projects will just be checked technically for feasibility. computer research advisory board
2) User account: A user account must be activated which is assigned to a project, i.e. the project manager specifies who is assigned to the project. The user account is assigned to exactly one person and is managed via TU-ID. For this purpose, an application for using the high-performance computer must be submitted: . Application form
Your user account (2) can be extended even without valid/running project, for you to have access to your research data even after end of a project (eg. to transfer and back up data from the file systems of the HPC to your own storage).
Lectures and workshops
Recommendation: In order to have a smooth and efficient start when working with the Lichtenberg-HPC, we advise all new users to attend the “Introduction to the Lichtenberg High Performance Computer” mentioned below.
Deadlines – application deadline for L proposals
- Project start 1st Feb.: deadline 1st Nov. of the year before
- Project start 1st May: deadline 1st Feb. (same year).
- Project start 1st Aug.: deadline 1st May (same year)
- Project start 1st Nov.: deadline 1st Aug. (same year)