What does the group management offer me?
Group management in the central IDM system provides:
- Provision of account groups through central authentication infrastructure.
- Inheritance of groups in groups (to a limited extent)
- Transfer of maintenance of group members to organizationally responsible persons
- Groups with limited lifetime
- Automatic maintenance of groups via SAP affiliations
The usage is described in the (opens in new tab) (in German). group management guide
What are the requirements for using the group management?
As soon as the using service is connected to the central authentication infrastructure (SSO or TU-LDAP), the group management can be used in principle.
Because the functionalities of the group administration are quite extensive and partly complex, we have prepared a short training “Customer Representative in the IDM System”. It is aimed to local administrators of the departments, institutes and central facilities of TU Darmstadt.
The training is divided into two parts of about 90 minutes each. In the first part we explain the different functionalities of the group administration theoretically. In the second part you can try them out practically in our test system.
After completing the training, you will be registered as a customer representative in the IDM system and will be able to use the group management from then on.