Setting up E-mail in iOS Mail
The step-by-step instructions for configuring the E-mail program in iOS were created and tested with iOS 8.2.
Go to “Mail, Contacts, Calendar” in the settings.
Now go to “Add account” under “Accounts”.
- Under “Mail”, select “Add a mail account”.
- Enter your name as well as your e-mail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password (computer login password).
- Under “Description” you can assign a name for this e-mail account.
- Click on “Next” to continue.
- For Account Type, select IMAP.
- For host name, enter the following in Incoming E-mail Server:
- For students: imap.stud.tu-darmstadt.de
- For employees using Linux: letterbox.tu-darmstadt.de
- Enter your user account (name.u1.ou2) under User name.
- For students: <TU-ID>
- For employees using Linux: <TU-ID>@<mail domain> – e.g.: email@example.com
- Enter the following for servers for outgoing e-mails:
- Host name: smtp.tu-darmstadt.de
- User name: Your TU-ID
- Password: Your password
- Go to “Mail, Contacts, Calendar” in the settings.
- In “Accounts”, go to the created mail account.
- Then select your account under IMAP.
- Under “Server for outgoing e-mails”, go to “SMTP smtp.tu-darmstadt.de”.
- Select the primary server.
- Now change the server port to the value “465”.
- Confirm your entry with “Done”.